Disclosure: A group of bloggers recently got together (with their +1) accepted the challenge to face their fears together. We were hosted by Universal Studios Orlando to experience Halloween Horror Nights 25. This is our story.
Universal Studios Orlando is home to Halloween Horror Nights® and this year they have an anniversary to celebrate, their 25th year of horror. To make it even more special the legendary Jack the Clown returns to make this the biggest and scariest Halloween Horror Nights® ever! From now through November 1st you can visit Universal Orlando® Resort, the nation’s premier Halloween event to face your fears!
We were lucky enough to get the R.I.P. Tour of Halloween Horror Nights 25 that included 9 Haunted Houses and 5 scare zones. Armed with two R.I.P. tour guides we were able to dodge the lines and experience Halloween Horror Nights® the way it should be…. If you read my #FacingFearsTogether preview post last week you know it was going to be amazing! I have to admit, going into the house the second time was even scarier for me. I was fortunate and brave enough to go through a couple of the houses twice! Nothing, however, compared to going back Saturday morning to do the Lights On tour of The Purge, Insidious, and An American Warewolf in London.
- The Walking Dead: The Living and The Dead
- Who isn’t a Walking Dead fan? This house will not disappoint. I remember it from last year and this year it was even better. I especially loved the realism of the walkers who were in the flooded basement. It was the first time they ever incorporated live actors in water for a house. Bravo!
From the burnt ashes of Terminus, through the flooded community food pantry basement, and into the darkened churchyard, hordes of walkers surround you as you relive gut-wrenching moments of the most recent season.
- Freddy vs. Jason
- I’ll admit it, this one was the scariest for me. There is just something about a VERY TALL MAN (and serial killer) standing next to you with a machete. It gets me every time!
From the cursed Camp Crystal Lake to the nightmarish 1428 Elm Street, awake or asleep, you’ll find yourself caught in the middle of this epic battle — where the winner’s reward is YOU.
- I just happened to have watched Insidious 1 and Insidious 2 before coming to HHN so this one was especially important to me, as a critic. They got it right too and even the wall paper matched the wall paper in the movie. There were a lot of little things to look for in this house, like the color changes and the lantern marking the here-and-now as compared to “The Further”. Now that is impressive!
Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn’t haunted–we are.
LIGHTS ON of Insidious
- The Purge
- Yes, we watched this one too recently. The detail in this house is amazing and doing the “Lights On” tour really highlighted the work that went into this one!
This year’s Purge is more brutal than ever. From the moment you step inside the house, dozens of vicious vigilantes will descend upon you as they exercise their right to purge.
Very rare LIGHTS ON tour of The Purge
- An American Werewolf in London
- Having had the opportunity to listen to John Landis’ talk about this house at an earlier press meet-n-greet was an honor. This man is funny, down-to-earth, and on top of the game. He knows his stuff and he takes pride in his wolves. Universal did not disappoint.
Step into John Landis’ landmark 1981 horror classic. From the attack on the English moors to the bone-crunching transformation, it’s one of the most popular houses in Halloween Horror Nights® history.
- 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem
- I love this house because it incorporates a bit from the past 25 years of HHN and who doesn’t love Jack?
Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalogue of creatures in one maze. You’ll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meat-grinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past.
- Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears
- Not at all what I expected this house was one of my favorites. I regret not doing this one twice.
You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins. Just remember: the more horrifying your death, the higher the ratings.
- Asylum in Wonderland 3D
- This was creepy and beautiful all at the same time. You have never experienced a Vortex quite like this….
Follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3D Wonderland. Is this world all in Alice’s mind or are the images we see real enough to kill us?
- Body Collections: Recollections
- One of my favorite scenes was in this house. Have you ever seen a spine ripped out of a person? Don’t miss this one.
The Body Collectors have returned, descending upon Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they require. Screams echo the hallways as a blizzard rages outside while sharpened blades swirl inside.
Follow on Social Media
For more travel posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Things to do Around Lake Champlain Vermont by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Buck Valley Ranch in Pennsylvania by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Pumpkin Lovers Unite at Pumpkins on the Point by Controlled Confusion
- Halloween Horror Nights 25 Unmasking the Horror by Life with Lisa
- Fall Cruising by Champagne Living
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.