Winter and fall bring out the hardier recipes such as pies, crisps, tarts, and other yummy options usually served warm. Now that summer is right around the corner it’s time to break out the s’mores or perhaps you prefer the fruit dessert options. Whatever your dessert is on the menu regardless of what season it is so why not have a couple recipes in your arsenal that are quick and easy?
The fresh fruits of summer always make desserts so much more juicy and delicious, don’t you think? One of my personal favorites is chocolate fondue featuring the classic chocolate covered strawberry. Unfortunately I don’t always have the time or the energy to melt the chocolate and deal with the clean up so I threw together my own spin on a chocolate covered strawberry with the Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Parfait. Not only is it light and airy, but it’s cool and refreshing making it perfect for those warm summer nights.
- 1 box Chocolate JELL-O Mousse
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 oz COOL WHIP
- 1 package honey flavored graham cracker cookies
- 8 oz strawberries sliced
- BAKER’S Chocolate for garnish
- Prepare Chocolate JELL-O Mousse as per the directions using 1 cup of milk, set aside. Crush graham cracker cookies and put a small layer into the bottom of parfait glass followed by a layer of strawberries, Chocolate JELL-O Mousse and then COOL WHIP. Repeat. Garnish with strawberry slices and sprig of mint.
- Store refrigerated. Makes 6 (1 cup) servings.
Disclosure: I am a Kraft Tastemaker and this is a sponsored post. Opinions are my own.