I always tend to have Mason Jars laying around so I’m trying to think of fun things to do with them that don’t cost much. Since Halloween is one of our favorite holidays we decided to make a couple Halloween Glitter Mason Jar Candles for around the house. We got out some basic crafting materials and within 20 minutes we put our first battery operated flicker candle in and had a handmade candleholder!
Halloween Glitter Mason Jar Candle Tutorial
What You Need
- Clean Mason Jar
- Mod Podge
- Glitter (we used two different colors)
- Halloween Themed Paper
- Masking Tape
- Make sure your mason jar is clean.
- Measure your themed paper to go around jar with 1/4 inch lap.
- Apply thin layer of glue to glass around the middle and slowly lay paper around moving carefully into place.
- Once in place apply masking tape around top and bottom of themed paper and apply a generous layer of Mod Podge on paper.
- Let dry for about 10 minutes then carefully remove tape.
- Once paper is dry enough put a loose layer of masking tape on top and bottom of paper.
- Working on the bottom layer first apply Mod Podge and then sprinkle generous amount of glitter over glue. Use a paper plate under it to catch remaining glitter.
- Do the same for the top of the jar.
- Once both layers have sat for about 15 minutes put another coat of Mod Podge over the glitter to ensure it seals.
- Apply ribbon around top when dry.
What do you do with your Mason Jars?
Enjoy! For more Fall themed crafts visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- 3D Paper Pumpkin by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- DIY Guide to Smashing Pumpkins by Champagne Living
- 10 Steps to a Perfectly Carved Pumpkin by Controlled Confusion
- Mason Jar Candle Tutorial by Life with Lisa
- How to Create Pumpkin Candles by Tools 2 Tiaras
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.