Eat Healthier This New Year: Mock Mashed Potatoes Recipe
I never seem to be able to keep up with my New Years resolutions, but it doesn’t stop me from making them anyway. I’m a carb fanatic and I admit, it is my downfall. I love breads and all things full of starch like mashed potatoes. So now I’m tasked once again with finding ways to enjoy the same yummy flavors and last year this is one of the best recipes I came up with and since it did so well on Pinterest (shared over 14k times) I thought I would share it with you again so that you could make your transition into healthier eating easier come New Years day. This recipes is much more healthier for you than mashed potatoes and equally delicious! It’s a recipe for Healthy Cheesy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower!
My husband doesn’t like vegetables and he truly dislikes cauliflower so you can only imagine how surprised he was to find out this was mashed cauliflower and that it was healthy. Since we all loved these we decided to add it to our weekly menu. This recipe is sure to be a hit with your family, let me know if they like it.
Looking for a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes? Look no further with this mock mashed potato recipe featuring cauliflower.
- 1 head of cauliflower (florets)
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T. low-fat cream cheese
- 1 T. skim milk
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 1/8 t. freshly ground pepper
- Prepare roasted garlic (see below).
- Meanwhile, set up steamer or saucepan with steaming rack. Once it is ready place the cauliflower into steamer until tender, roughly 10 minutes.
- Once the garlic and cauliflower are ready place half the cauliflower into the food processor and blend on high until smooth. Add remaining cauliflower florets, roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel away outer layers of garlic bulb so that the skins of the cloves are intact.
- Chop the head of the garlic off about 1/4 to 1/2 the way down exposing garlic cloves.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each piece of garlic making sure the head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at for 30-35 minutes.
Carbohydrates: 8.4g Sugar: 3.5g Sodium: 372mgFiber: 3.6g Protein: 5.2g Cholesterol: 7mg
Looks delicious! I am going to try this recipe
that looks amazing,never had this before but it looks wonderful
i just ate..now im hungray again
This looks fabulous! I just pinned and have to try this. I love cauliflower anyway and with the cheeses and garlic,, I’ll bet it’s amazing. Now to print. Thanks for sharing this!
This recipe looks great and healthy , will have to try this out.
This dish is amazing! The cauliflower and roasted garlic combines for a very slightly sweet toasty garlicky deliciousness ! Try it you will love it. Combines well with your favorite turkey meatloaf recipe.
Thanks Emily, I’m glad you liked it…I’ll be posting a recipe this week featuring this as an ingredient…stay tuned!
Oh this looks s yummy! We had mashed cauliflower a very long time ago and it came out as a runny mess. Your images give me inspiration, though… maybe I should try again. 🙂
Looks good, I wonder if I can make this with Almond milk (lactose sensitivity).
I have tried these and they are delicious especially of you are watching your carbs.