Yep, it’s finally here on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and On Demand, Disney – Pixar’s Inside Out! Included in this special release is an all new short, Riley’s First Date? and there is so much more. So make tonight family movie night!
I love Family Movie Night, we just had one over the weekend where we all sat down and watched Tomorrowland (another great Disney film). This family movie night is going to be bigger and better than any other because I have been dying to see Inside Out. I think the characters are adorable and from what I have heard they are easy to identify with and relatable. Without giving away too much about what the movie is about it kind of reminds me of what my son is going through right now at the age of 11 and his wide range of emotions. In this journey, we follow Riley’s (she 11 too) control center, her mind and experience five emotions: Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust, and Sadness. I don’t know about you, but I often wonder what’s going on in my son’s head.
Be sure to pick up your copy today and enjoy the Bonus Extras:
- Riley’s First Date? (In-Home Exclusive Animated Short Film) – Riley, now 12, is hanging out at home with her parents in San Francisco when potential trouble comes knocking: a boy shows up at the door. Can Mom and Dad’s emotions handle “Riley’s First Date?”
- LAVA (Theatrical Short Film) – Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, LAVA is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years.
- Story of the Story – Director Pete Docter talks about the evolution of Inside Out, from the ideas and memories that inspired the story through the hurdles, explorations and experiences that helped shape it into the film it is today.
- Paths to Pixar: The Women of Inside Out – Inside Out filmmakers, from voice actors to animators to production crew, talk about their paths, their goals, the challenges they’ve faced and the lessons they’ve learned along the way
- Mixed Emotions – Inside Out‘s filmmakers talk about how they decided which emotions to focus on in the story and how they went about creating each one’s distinct personality and visual identity
- Mapping the Mind – Inside Out‘s artists take you through the years-long process of designing and creating a world everyone knows, but no one has ever seen – the human mind.
- Our Dads, the Filmmakers – Elie Docter (daughter of director, Pete Docter) and Grace Giacchino (daughter of composer, Michael Giacchino) bring you behind the scenes for an inside look at the making of the film.
- Into the Unknown: The Sound of Inside Out – What is the sound of a memory forming? Sound designer Ren Klyce describes the challenges – and the unique solutions – involved in creating the aural world of Inside Out.
- The Misunderstood Art of Animation Film Editing – Learn more about the crucial role of an animation film editor, who helps take the story from its earliest, most exploratory versions, to the final, polished film you see onscreen.
- Deleted Scenes
- Riley Grows Up – In this scene from a version of the film where the primary relationship was between Joy and Fear (then named Freddie), the emotions begin to notice a change in Riley.
- Joy’s Decline – Joy’s struggles to make sense of the limitations on Riley’s behavior that seem to be springing up at every turn.
- Misdirection – Joy and Freddie encounter a group of Riley’s “retired” imaginary friends, including an early version of Big Bong.
- Construction – Joy is guided through Riley’s mind by a radical non-conformist, Bing Bong, outraged by the demolition of older areas like Imagination Park.
- Commentary – Commentary includes participation from directors Pete Docter and Ronnie del Carmen, and producer Jonas Rivera.
- Mind Candy – A montage of toolkit and interstitials produced for Inside Out.
- Inside Out Trailers – A collection of domestic and international trailers made for Inside Out.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
Want to bring family movie night to life?
Enjoy these Family Activity Sheets, just CLICK on the photo below to download.
Disclosure: Amazon affiliate links are used in this post. I received a copy of Inside Out to preview.
Follow INSIDE OUT on Twitter
Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram
Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest
Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube
Visit the official INSIDE OUT website
For more ways to enjoy me time or family time, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- 14 Healthy Drink Recipes to Pamper Yourself With by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Lazy Date Night by Controlled Confusion
- Family Movie Night by Life with Lisa
- Family Fun – National Pumpkin Destruction Day by Champagne Living
- Girls Day Out Waters Edge Resort and Spa by Tools 2 Tiaras
- 3 of Our Favorite Family Games by Rajean Blomquist
Would your brand like to participate in #Thanks30? Fill out this form for more information.