If you live in Atlanta you don’t want to miss out on this year’s Spa Week 2012 deals. I found a great deal at Dr. Q Cosmetics located in Decatur, GA. Knowing that I wanted to do laser hair removal and finding that Dr. Q Cosmetics was offering $50 treatments during Spa Week my decision to choose them was a no brainer. Why? Because if someone is going to put a laser to my face it is going to be done in a doctors office. I was nervous enough about the procedure but knowing this was a very professional business located on the same property as the hospital put all my concerns at rest.
When I arrived at the office I was even more relaxed because I was given a blow by blow description of what the Laser Hair Removal would entail. It wasn’t at all what I had expected and it was relatively painless (no more than waxing in my opinion, perhaps less) and quick.
- Clean area
- Shave with razor (this does not promote excess hair growth)
- Apply either ice pack or topical gel for pain relief
- Clear and dry skin
- Pulse with laser approximately 16 – 20 times across lip (8 x each time)
- Apply cooling gel
- Wipe and go!
It really was that simple and that fast…
What is the upkeep? It varies but on average return every six weeks up to six times for a total of six treatments. Results are permanent unless hormonal changes or other changes (such as PCOS) cause return growth. I figured it out and even at the normal price of $75 a treatment I would spend less having this done than what waxing costs me in under two years.
Spa Week Deals for $50
- Laser Hair Removal for Lip, Chin, Bikini or Underarm
- IPL Photorejuvenation for Face, Neck, Chest or Hands
- Skin Bella Rejuvenating Facial Treatment
Also offering treatments in Atlanta for Spa Week 2012:
- 60 Min Solera Signature Facial, including Two Corrective Treatments
- 60 Min Swedish Massage
- 60 Min Solera Signature Pedicure and Busy Bee Manicure
- Medical Microdermabrasion Treatment
- VIPeel, a Blended Peel for All Skin Types
- Two Sessions of Laser Hair Removal on Lip, Chin or Underarm
Disclosure: I was given the opportunity to try services from Dr Q Cosmetics in conjunction with Spa Week 2012.