A simple, yummy side-dish to go with your Thanksgiving meal. If you missed it earlier this week I posted my famous Pepperoni Stuffing recipe and my Pumpkin Pie Crunch recipe. I use the Pink Stuff not as a dessert, but as a side. My kids love it and it makes a lot. It’s a great thing to bring if you are going somewhere for the holiday and have to bring a dish.
1 (6 ounce) large package strawberry Jell-o
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
1 (15 ounce) large can Mandarin oranges
1 (20 ounce) large can crushed pineapple
1. Soften both packages of cream cheese.
2. Drain oranges and pineapple, save juice.
3. Refrigerate fruit and juices separately.
4. In final destination (large) bowl, make Jell-o with fruit juices and water.
5. Refrigerate 1 hour.
6. Whip Jell-o until frothy.
7. Mix in softened cream cheese and Cool Whip.
8. Fold in cottage cheese.
9. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Looks gross, doesn’t it? Well, it really isn’t!