Now that Halloween has passed and the kids are probably finished with all those sweets it is time to get back to taking care of those pearly whites. My son loves his Star Wars Light Saber toothbrush by Sunstar GUM and it really does make him brush more. Products such as these make brushing fun and research shows that when it is perceived as fun kids are much more likely to brush.
Want to know exactly how to brush? Here is the 4-1-1 according to Sunstar GUM:
1. Place bristles along the gumline at a 45° angle. Bristles should contact both the tooth surface and the gumline.
2. Gently brush the outer tooth surfaces of 2-3 teeth using a vibrating back, forth & rolling motion. Move brush to the next group of 2-3 teeth and repeat.
3. Maintain a 45° angle with bristles contacting the tooth surface and gumline. Gently brush using back, forth & rolling motion along all of the inner tooth surfaces.
4. Tilt brush vertically behind the front teeth. Make several up & down strokes using the front half of the brush.
5. Place the brush against the biting surface of the teeth & use a gentle back & forth scrubbing motion. Brush the tongue from back to front to remove odor-producing bacteria.
Sunstar GUM Prize Package Giveway
Disclosure: This is a post sponsored by Sunstar GUM and I received product as part of this post.