Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart.
Growing up my little sister was a very picky eater. Although I love her I have to admit she was also very whiney so my mother would have to appease her to get her to eat. Unfortunately for me her favorite meal was pork chops, peas, and mashed potatoes and I HATED peas when I was young. However, I am pretty fond of pork chops so I never complained about the fact we had them for dinner all the time. Another good thing about growing up on pork chops is that I’ve learned to cook them many different ways and I’ve also learned what a good pork chop should taste like.
One of our family favorite recipes is Rosemary Apricot Pork Chops featuring the Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork cutlets and chops. My boys prefer their pork off the bone, but I know the flavor comes from the bone so I purchase both varieties and that way everyone’s happy.
Why Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork?
Other than the fact that they are all natural, raised in the USA, they meet the USDA Process Verified standard, contain no steroids/hormones or artificial ingredients – they taste great and are juicy! But that’s their commitment to their customers, to bring high quality and safe products to the market for their customers. They are also a company that demonstrates compassion by providing jobs for the community, supporting national and local causes, and partnering and supporting regional farm families across the country. These are the things they feel are important and you can taste it in their meat, in my opinion. So enjoy my recipe, but remember it only tastes as good as the meat you choose!
- Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Apricot Fruit Preserves
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/2 Tablespoon Rosemary
- Line baking pan with pork chops, salt and pepper. Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Chop rosemary into small pieces and mix with apricot fruit preserves. Add in wine. Wisk.
- Pour over chops.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then pour off any liquid.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Allow chops to stand for 3 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Join the conversation using the hashtag #SmithfieldPork