wordpress stat

Scoring the Best Seats in the House: Top Tips and Tricks for Buying Concert Tickets

empty seat in italy europe background black  texture

There is nothing like going to a live concert. You’ve been waiting for your favorite band to come to your city for months, tickets finally go on sale and you’re queuing in line for hours, and can’t get through to the ticket office on the phone. By the time it’s your turn, they’ve already sold out. How can you prevent this tragedy from happening ever again?!

One of the biggest problems you’ll encounter when looking for prime event tickets is that many tickets go on pre-sale to fan clubs, brokers and credit card companies before the public even gets a chance to buy them. When they do go on sale to the public, many unscrupulous brokers tag on service charges or hidden fees, some of which are so well hidden, you won’t see them until you get your credit card bill. There are ways around all this mess and mayhem.Read on to find out how to circumvent these obstacles and get the tickets you want at a price you can afford.

Hook Up To The Pre-sales

The easiest way to do this is to join your favorite entertainer’s or team’s fan club. That way you’ll have access to up to 90 percent of tickets, rather than being limited to the remaining 10 percent left for public sale. Also keep an eye out for alerts from your credit card company. Many credit card companies get ticket holdbacks for VIP members. Sign up for mailing lists at venues in your area that host big events.

Find A Reputable Ticket Broker

One of the best places to get great concert tickets at a reasonable price is a ticket broker such as Captain Ticket. There are numerous advantages to buying your tickets online, for example:

  • Search options: You can search for a concert by venue, city, entertainer, or ticket type.
  • Varied events: As well as musical events you buy tickets to major sporting events and the theatre.
  • No fees: There are no hidden fees or service charges when you order tickets.
  • Cancellation guarantee: If your event is cancelled you will receive a full refund.
  • Punctuality: All tickets are delivered on time.
  • Authenticity: All tickets are genuine.

Furthermore, at some ticket brokers, if you place an order for an event that has officially sold out, they will scour their pool of professional resources to see if they can locate an available ticket. You may pay more for it, but if you really don’t want to miss the show, it will be worth it.

Limit Your Purchase

Don’t be tempted to try and score tickets for all your friends. Let them order their own. Most ticket sellers put a limit on individual sales. If you try to exceed this limit you could be blocked from buying any tickets at all. Keep your eye on the clock, as soon as you hit the buy button you only  have enough time to enter your credit card details, there’s no time to make last minute calls to friends to see if they want to go to the event with you.

Beware of Scams

If you didn’t manage to get tickets, you will probably still be able to find some online from third-party resellers, but be prepared to pay the highest prices. If you’re going down this route you must be extra aware of scams. Although you can buy legitimate tickets this way, you’ll also bump into some shysters who are selling fraudulent tickets. Make sure you choose a ticket seller who will guarantee you a refund if there is a problem with the ticket.

If you want to strike the best ticket deals, it’s important to be in the know about who’s coming to town. There are plenty of websites that can keep you up to date on the latest entertainment events. Once you’ve chosen your preferred ticket broker, download the app, that way you can always check and order tickets, even when you’re on the go. Set up an account straight away so you’re ready to order tickets immediately. Don’t forget to watch out for good deals. You can sign up for notifications of daily deals at sites like Groupon, which has a great selection of deals and discounts on a variety of concerts.  Using these tips you should be able to successfully score the tickets you want without breaking the bank, leaving you to sit back and enjoy the show.

Jeffrey Johnson is the founding owner of Captain Ticket, a national ticket broker based in Covina, CA. Being a lifelong fan of sports and concert events is the driving force behind the passion he has as a ticket broker. Over the years he has served thousands of customers – many of whom have become friends. Having personally attended over 2500 events, including 1800 concerts, he understands what people want out of an event and works diligently to ensure they get it. He currently sits on the Covina Downtown Associations board and is very involved in the community.