After School Snack: Peanut Butter and Bacon Cookies
Now that the kids are gearing up to go back-to-school it’s time to start thinking Lunch Box and after school snacks. It’s hard to be creative some times and since eating is so important to ensure our kids are learning at school I always try to make certain my son has stuff in his lunch that he loves. One of his favorite sandwiches is peanut butter and bacon and since that keeps so well without having to be refrigerated he gets them at least once a week. Along those same lines I decided to throw some crispy bacon into my Peanut Butter Cookies recipe to make him some Peanut Butter and Bacon Cookies for his snack afterschool.
- 2 c. PLANTERS peanut butter
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 8 pieces of cooked OSCAR MAYER Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl mix PLANTERS peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until combined, usually about 2 minutes. Add in baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract. Finally, add in chopped bacon and mix thoroughly.
- Roll dough into small balls about 1 ½ inch. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper roughly 2 inches apart. Gently press down using the tines of a fork making a criss-cross pattern. Dip the fork in sugar to help keep it from sticking to the dough.
- Cool on rack. Makes 2 dozen.
It is important to start an after school ritual on day one to ease the hectic back-to-school stresses. Some children are wired to work and will come right home and do homework before getting free time, others will not and need to burn energy. Decide what works best for your child and stick with it. My son prefers a snack and play time when he gets home but then he is “too tired” to do homework, so we know that snack and homework work best first followed by playtime.
For more back to school ideas be sure to check out more from Life with Lisa.
These sound SO delicious!!!
I haven’t made bacon cookies before but these sound so good and they combine two of my favorite foods – peanut butter and bacon!
I’ve never seen cookies with bacon in them. I’ll cook anything with bacon. Thanks for the recipe! 🙂
This actually sounds like it’d be good, bacon and peanut butter sound weird together, but I bet the salty bacon melds well with the sugary peanut butter