Although everyone loves carving their pumpkin in our home as an annual tradition our favorite thing about it is making pumpkin seeds to snack on. Over the years we have tried lots of things to get the best tasting seeds but the past two years I believe we have mastered it. If you want to know how to make roasted pumpkin seeds that are sure to be the hit of the party look no further because we are sharing our secret recipe with you today.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1/2 t. Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 t. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 t. Chili Powder
- 1/2 t. Sea Salt
- Remove seeds from pumpkin.
- Rinse well, let soak for 10 minutes in water and then drain.
- Squeeze off excess water and line a cookie sheet with paper towels.
- Pat Dry then lay seeds in single layer on paper towels to drain for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 300F and line cookie sheet with non-stick foil.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients with pumpkin seeds and coat well and evenly.
- Pour onto cookie sheet and spread in single layer.
- Roast seeds for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Roast for another 10 minutes, stir again.
- Roast seed for another 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
One thing I learned after all these years is that a golden brown roasted pumpkin seed on the outside doesn’t mean it will be that way on the inside, it could be burned. Be careful to watch for signs of burning. The perfect pumpkin seed is crispy on the outside and roasted inside.
Do you roast your seeds?
What are some of your favorite seasonings?