Those look amazing, don’t they? They are dinner rolls with a slather of Blue Cheese Gougères, but have no fear you can use Fromager d’Affinois Blue or Saint Géric in this dish as well. Earlier this year when my husband was in the hospital the Fromager d’Affinois company sent us couple cheeses to sample (Saint Géric and Saint Angel) and since we were going through a stressful time I never had time to share them with you. When I got these recipes from them last week I knew I had to tell you about them because, quite honestly, those were two of the best cheeses I have ever had in my life. They were simply amazing!
If you want to WOW! your guests this year at Thanksgiving you have to serve Roasted Pears with Spices and Saint Géric alongside a bottle of Viogner or Grenache. However, any way you share the Fromager d’Affinois cheeses can’t be wrong. Enjoy!
- 3 oz. Saint Géric (can substitute Fromager d’Affinois Blue if Saint Geric is not available)
- 4 ripe pears
- 1 tbs. curry seasoning
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. flour
- Peel pears, cut in half, and remove center. Melt 1 oz. butter in a frying pan, add pears face down and brown. Once browned, add honey and curry seasoning, and continue to cook until caramelized, approx. 2 min.
- Place the pears into gratin dish with the caramel. Mix the rest of the butter with the flour in a bowl to obtain a slightly crumbly paste and spread over the pears. Bake the pears in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove the pears from the oven and top with finely sliced Saint Géric. Place back in the oven and cook until cheese melts, approx 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
For more family favorite Thanksgiving dishes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Honey by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Italian Stuffed Artichokes by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Pre-Thanksgiving Meal Crockpot Pork Chops by Controlled Confusion
- Roasted Pears with Spices and Saint Geric by Life with Lisa
- Berry Special Holiday Drinks by Champagne Living
- Favorite Thanksgiving Serving Dishes by Rajean Blomquist
Would your brand like to participate in #Thanks30? Fill out this form for more information.