With summertime here it occurred to me just how many recipes there were out there that called for products such as Ragu® Old World Style sauces, Lipton® and Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise. All summer long we drink Lipton® Iced Tea and since I’m always trying to change it up we often add lemon, lime, fresh mint sprigs, or other fresh fruit to our tea to make it more fun. With the kids out of school we also go through a lot of Ragu® making quick mini pizzas for lunches and snacks. The product, however, that gets the most use in our home during the summer is Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise.
I often try different brands, but there are certain products out there that bring out the brand loyalist in me. Mayonnaise is one of them. I don’t care how hungry I am, if someone uses any other mayonnaise than Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, I just will not eat it. I was born and raised on Hellmann’s and I use it on everything from sandwiches to salads. There are so many different things you can make and there are hundreds of Hellmann’s Recipes you can find on their site. One of our favorites is the Country Potato Salad so I thought I would share the recipe with you today.
COUNTRY POTATO SALAD
• 2 lbs. all-purpose potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
• 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
• 1 Tbsp. white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
• 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
• 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish or chopped dill pickles (optional) <—although my husband doesn’t think they are optional, he believes they are mandatory
1. Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and cool slightly.
2. Combine Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss well.
• Cost per recipe*: $2.66 Cost per serving*: $0.27
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
This summer be sure to include Lipton® Gallon, Ragu® Old World Style, and Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise in your recipes. Do you have a favorite recipe you want to share using any of these products? I would love to try it.