I shared this yummy soup recipe a few years ago and thought it would be a good time to share it again just in case you missed it the first time around. This time of the year it’s Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin. From Spiced Latte Facial Scrubs to Roasted Pumpkin Seeds we are all trying to find ways to utilize the abundant squash. So, regardless if you want to use sugar pumpkins or the leftover pumpkin you carved for Halloween, you can whip up this quick and Easy Pumpkin Soup.
Favorite Fall Recipes: Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 2 cups Stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 t. Nutmeg
- 1/8 t. Allspice
- 1/2 cup Half N Half
- Pumpkin Seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- If you are using sugar pumpkins, cut in half, scoop out seeds, place upside-down on cookie sheet and roast until they start looking shriveled. Do the same if using your carved pumpkin, but cut into 4ths or smaller depending on size.
- Remove from oven when cooked and set aside to cool a few minutes.
- In a large pot add 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock, flesh from pumpkins,and butter making sure not to get the outer skin of pumpkin.
- Bring to slight boil and add maple syrup to taste.
- Puree with immersion blender.
- Add Half N Half until smooth, velvet like texture.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Do you have a favorite Pumpkin Soup recipe?
For more fall stories, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Homemade Fresh Cranberry Juice by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Five Alternatives To Candy For Trick Or Treaters by Controlled Confusion
- Pumpkin Soup Recipe by Life with Lisa
- 5 Ingredient Eye Ball Pizza by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Lily’s Spooky Dirt Pudding by Champagne LIving
This sounds so good. Autumn is the perfect time for a big bowl of soup!
I love pumpkin soup and I’m always willing to try a new recipe! It’s the perfect time for it
I am going to make it. Sounds delicious.
I love this soup and make it every year around this time.