Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Johnsonville®.
I recently shared my new found favorite for a busy mom, Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Sausage, in a post as a great time saver for the holidays. We used it more over the past two months than any other breakfast meat just because it was so convenient and a great protein solution to get everyone started each morning. Now that the holidays are nearly over it’s time for me to slow down and make some resolutions. One of the resolutions I’ve made it to try to incorporate different meats into my families diets that are packed with protein with no fillers and no MSG. That’s why our new year will have a new sausage.
Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Sausage TURKEY links.
With the same great taste as it’s sister sausages, the Original and Vermont Maple, the Turkey links has 70% less fat than USDA data for cooked pork sausage, 8g of protein per serving (2 links), no fillers, and no MSG. You can still find it in the same place in your grocery store (find it at your local @Walmart) in the clear package. The Johnsville Fully Cooked Sausages are so convenient and you can have this high protein meat in 30 seconds, just microwave and enjoy. Remember, all three varieties are made with premium cuts of meat and are packed with protein. If you are looking for the perfect New Year celebratory breakfast, check out our Turkey Sausage and Spinach Quiche.
Turkey Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 3/4 cups 2 % Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage TURKEY links (crumble)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shell
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in milk, onion, cheese, sausage, garlic salt, dry mustard and paprika.
- Squeeze spinach dry and add to mixture.
- Pour into pie shell. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Find Johnsonville® on Facebook.
Best holiday breakfast in a long time.