New Year Resolutions: Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Farfalle #KraftRecipes
The New Year is here and if you are like the majority of folks you probably set some New Year’s Resolutions for yourself. Maybe you decided to quit smoking or maybe you are going to start exercising, but chances are the biggest resolution made this year is to eat better and/or to lose weight. I know that for me personally, this one always tops my list. However, it isn’t too far into the year that I end up falling off the wagon and that is why this year I did not set any New Year Resolutions for myself. I decided to be more mindful going into the year of the choices I make whether it be to make better food choices or to walk instead of drive.
If you plan on making smart food choices this year there are a number of chicken recipes out there that are great choices. The Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Farfalle recipe I’m sharing with you today tastes great and it’s so easy to make when you are just cooking for two. You can personally decide just how much pasta to use but we suggest 2 to 3 ounces of uncooked pasta per person. Just top it all off with a small amount of Parmesan and you have a quick meal that fits right into your New Year menu plan.
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Grilled Chicken Breast
- 6 ounces of uncooked Veggie Farfalle pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Boil pasta according to directions. Drain, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat add butter and remaining olive oil, garlic, and asparagus. Sauté until asparagus turns bright green and is tender (al dente) stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn. Add OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Grilled Chicken Breast strips, lemon juice, and lemon zest until completely heated.
- Toss chicken and asparagus with pasta, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese.