It’s a busy time of the year for entertaining and many of us are searching for the best holiday appetizers to feature at our parties. We want to make sure OUR PARTY is the best party, but sometimes the best things are everyday, casual things that we enjoy year round. For example, a good prosecco is a staple in most people’s inventory because you can open it up and service it when those unexpected guests stop in, when entertaining at home, or even if you are just snuggling on the couch for a romantic evening. Right now our prosecco of choice is VOVETI prosecco.
It’s upscale and affordable, perfect for everyday pairing or chic entertaining. Made as a collaborative effort between the Collavini and Ferrer family, combined they bring 4 generations of sparkling wine expertise to the table with this modern Italian prosecco. They only produce 15,000 cases annually because they put a lot of attention and care into each bottle.
If you are looking for the perfect pairing for VOVETI prosecco featuring things you probably already have in your home, try my Melon with Prosciutto & Bleu Cheese Appetizers. They are always a hit!
Melon with Prosciutto & Bleu Cheese
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Bleu Cheese
- VOVETI prosecco
- Slice your bleu cheese into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Using a melon baller make semi-circle melon balls, set aside.
- To assemble place a chunk of bleu cheese on top of cracker, followed by a piece of melon. Get a piece of prosciutto about 2 inches wide (slice if necessary) and roll into a tube shape. Place on top of melon and spear with toothpick.
- Serve with a nice chilled glass of VOVETI prosecco and enjoy.
Note: You can also substitute sharp cheddar for bleu cheese.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.