Did you know…
that I used to run a pizzeria! Yep, I actually used to work at a small pizzeria in NY making hand tossed pizzas. It actually wasn’t a bad job. I perfected the crispy pepperoni through the years as you can tell from my pizza pictured above. Our family loves pizza, but since I live so far from home (Upstate NY) it’s hard to find a good pizza unless I make it myself. Most of the time I purchase the pre-made dough from the Publix bakery, but on occasion I still make it myself. One of the best things about making your pizza is you choose the toppings!
Here are some of our families favorites:
- Fresh Garlic
- Italian Sausage
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Artichoke Hearts
- Roasted Red Peppers
This is our Halloween traditional meal – it’s quick and easy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pour warm water into a large bowl. Add yeast and let stand until foamy (usually about 5 minutes).
- Whisk in sugar, olive oil, and salt into yeast mixture.
- Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms, then move to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm area until dough has doubled in size (usually about 1 hour). If you are preparing the night before you can put dough into refrigerator, but be sure to take it out at least 3 hours before you want to use it.
- On a lightly floured work surface, gently knead 1 or 2 times before shaping into crust.
- Top with your favorite sauce, mozzarella cheese, and toppings.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 20 minutes or until brown.
For more easy dinner ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy chili in the crock pot by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade pizza by Life with Lisa
- Grilled cheese that’ll make the ghosts appear by Champagne Living
- Quick and easy dinner for Halloween by Controlled Confusion
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.