Disclosure: I am a Kraft Tastemaker and this is a sponsored post. Opinions are my own.
Fall Slow Cooker Recipe Featuring Fiesta Chili #KraftRecipes
One thing I miss the most about living up north is the change of seasons. It isn’t quite the same in Florida to experience “Fall” so we go all out here with decorating for Halloween and Thanksgiving. We also celebrate with food and beverages such as apple cider, chili, slow cooker chicken and other festive fall recipes.
For us going back-to-school symbolizes the end of summer as we start transitioning not only our home décor and food, but also our garden. The time we spend planting new crops, getting into the homework grind, and preserving our summer harvests doesn’t leave a lot of time for cooking. Wouldn’t you agree?
With time limitations in mind our Fiesta Chili is perfect. You can use all your leftover meats from the week such as your slow cooker pork leftovers, chicken, ribs, or whatever you find in the fridge. Throw everything in the slow cooker for the day and later that evening you have one of the most flavorful chili dishes you have ever experienced….it is like a Fiesta in your mouth!
Fiesta Chili Recipe
- 1 ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 cups leftover meat (we used smoked brisket, pork ribs, and smoked ham) julienne
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 – 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 mini-sweet peppers, chopped
- 5 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 – 28 ounce can of Italian style peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of TACO BELL® Hot Restaurant Sauce
- 1 – 15 ounce can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 can of American-style lager beer
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Chipotle Chile
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Fry ground beef until done and drain well. Add to slow cooker. Add leftover meats of your choice. We recommend at least some smoked meats such as ham for flavor. You can use chicken, ribs, etc. We do not recommend seafood.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers, tomatillos, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, TACO BELL® Hot Restaurant Sauce, drained beans, and beer. Mix thoroughly.
- Next add half the cilantro (put aside remaining cilantro for garnish) and juice of lime.
- Finally add dry ingredients (chili powder, cumin, oregano, pepper, cinnamon, Chipotle Chile, and sugar).
- Let cook on high for 1 hour then reduce to medium for 5 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with 1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese, cilantro, chopped green onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe you are welcome to visit Kraft Recipes for more!
What is your favorite slow cooker dish?
The chili sounds wonderful. I will certainly try it especially when the temperature was 37 degrees here when we got up in the morning a couple of days ago.
YIKES, you need this chili!
We’ve recently launched the website RecipesUS.com. It’s a search engine that aims to gather all the best recipes from US websites and blogs in one place. RecipesUS.com is part of the world’s second largest family of recipe sites, with sites in 37 countries and hundreds of thousands of visitors every week. We’ve noticed that you have a lot of great looking recipes on your blog that we would love to feature on our site. To read more about how it all works and to sign up with your blog, please visit: http://recipesus.com or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Oh yum!! This looks and sounds delicious!
With the cool weather, chili is just PERFECT! Love the recipe, thank you