*I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Chicco. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation
The world of prepping for baby is a fun, exciting, and sometimes intimidating place. As any new mom (or dad), you gather your baby books, talk to your closest friends, and try to prepare yourself for the bundle of joy to come. While being a second or even third time mom is a different type of experience (since you’ve already “been there and done that”) its important to remember that every baby is different, which mean the things that worked for baby number one, may not necessarily work for baby number two.
When I found out I was expecting my first baby, I was filled with emotions. Registering for my baby shower was SO much fun but EXTREMELY overwhelming. While I used the resources around me for most of the items, my biggest challenge came in the bottle aisle. How do you know the best bottle for your baby? What are the things to look for in a bottle? Does it even really matter?
I had so many questions and this was the one area that had inconsistencies across the board. I nursed my first son and he was exceptionally easy. He didn’t care if he was nursing or taking the bottle, as long as he was eating, he was happy. Then I had my second son and experienced the bottle fiasco of 2014. He actually DIDN’T like the first bottle I gave him! It was uncharted waters for this seasoned mamma! After many attempts to find the perfect bottle, we finally resigned to the fact that there wasn’t a bottle on the market that met my son’s needs. He was exclusively breastfed 98% of the time to alleviate his discontent with bottles.
Now that I am a VETERAN mamma, expecting my third in just a few weeks, I know EXACTLY what we need in a bottle. I’ve done my research and am incredibly excited for the opportunity to test out Chicco’s NaturalFit bottles when baby girl arrives!
Here are some reasons why Chicco’s NaturalFit bottles made our final cut:
- Nipples: Baby girl will be breastfed, but its important that my husband gets his time to bond and feed her as well. All NaturalFit nipples are made of extra-soft silicone. The nipple’s shape and texture is designed for easy transition between breast and bottle.
- Stages to grow: Chicco’s NaturalFit bottles come in three different stages, which allows baby to grow WITH their bottle. I love this variety because your newborn isn’t going to need the same flow and type of nipple as your 6 month old. (*see more about each stage below)
- Price: Bottles can be purchased individually or in packs and are extremely reasonably priced compared to other bottles on the market.
- Easy Clean Up: The bottles easily break down for convenient cleaning. Plus they don’t come with a bunch of spare parts that require additional cleaning and soaking. Less time washing bottles, leaving more time to enjoy your little one!
Chicco NaturalFit Bottles come in Three Stages:
STAGE ONE – NEWBORN FLOW
- Unique angled nipple with wider, rounded base aids newborn latch and encourages proper neck positioning
- Angle stays full of milk, reducing air ingestion
- Twin anti-colic valves help prevent air ingestion, gas and spit-up
- Available as 5 oz (newborn flow) and 8 oz (medium flow) bottles
STAGE TWO – ADJUSTABLE FLOW (SLOW, MEDIUM OR FAST) – 8 OZ
- Angled nipple is replaced with a straight nipple and rounded base to adapt to growing baby’s advancing feeding skills
- At 4m+ babies have better head and neck control and colic symptoms tend to subside
- Adjustable flow nipple allows you to adjust flow rate for baby’s growing appetite
STAGE THREE – FAST FLOW – 11 OZ
- Designed to accommodate older babies’ increased suction strength
- Smaller and less rounded base for tighter lip support
- Elongated nipple encourages correct swallowing as baby’s sucking pattern becomes more efficient
- Available as 11 oz bottle with fast flow nipple. Y-Cut nipples are sold separately
Now YOU can enter to win one of 18 tiered Chicco Prize Packs!
- Three Tier 1 Prize Packs valued at $439.98
- Five Tier 2 prize packs valued at $189.98
- Ten Tier 3 prize packs valued at $59.99
*I-C will randomly select 18 winners from all tiered program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes.
As we’re anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby girl, we can rest easy knowing the biggest challenge has been checked off our list!
What do you look forward to most about Chicco’s NaturalFit bottles?
About the Author
Crissy Beam is a city girl married to a country boy and mama to two crazy boys also known as TnT. Her days enjoying concerts, shopping, and drinking wine have quickly turned into fishing and chasing little boys in the mud. You can often find Crissy trying to figure out the best ways to play in the dirt while wearing diamonds at ControlledConfusion