Disclosure: I worked with The Motherhood and Carter’s to get this information and was given a stipend for my time.
Carter’s Fall Style Trends for 2014
School is right around the corner and Carter’s is offering 40% off from now until August 5th! Yes, you heard it right! The Motherhood recently hosted a conference call with a group of bloggers and Laura Barber, Vice President and GMM of eCommerce for Carter’s where we got to learn a lot about the brand and the new 2014 Fall Style Trends. Did you know that Carter’s is the largest branded marketer of young children’s apparel in the U.S.? I grew up on the brand it so did my kids. As a matter of fact both my boys came home from the hospital wearing Carter’s and I was so sad when they grew out of the sizes because they are a brand dedicated to value, superior quality, and age-appropriate style. So you can only imagine how thrilled I was to hear they were extending their size offerings to include size 7 – 12 (currently in 62 stores)!
Fall Style Trends for 2014
It was so much fun checking out all the new fashions for the 2014 school year. I have to admit, I really wish I had a girl to shop for because their line is amazing. The boys line is pretty exciting too, but I’m really digging the vintage/camo combination.
So here is a peek of what’s happening in 2014:
Activewear / “Ath Leisure”
- Comfortable to play in
- Mesh fabrics in shorts and synthetic applications in tops
- Fun graphics with positive messages
- Seamlessly add to your existing wardrobe
- There are versatile ways to wear these pieces
- Easy to layer for fall
- The line includes PJ’s
- Not just for boys anymore!
- Camo comes in almost every piece this fall – it is a huge trend
- Pattern mixing is a great way to add a new, fun twist to camo pieces for both boys and girls
- For boys – wear bright colors, like red, with camo
- For girls – wear floral patterns with camo
- All about the mix and match – take something very athletic and give it a girly twist (e.g., sweatshirt paired with lace skirt)
- Camo shoes with sparkly pink shoelaces; high tops for girls with pink laces
- Cuffs turned back on sweatshirts
- Military jacket with floral vintage print on the inside
- Smaller, sweeter graphics
- Includes graphics like ponies, puppies, floral – things girls love to wear
- Unexpected ways to wear vintage prints are available, like vintage patterned rain boots
- Taking something traditional and twisting it to make it feel fresh and new for fall
- New and fresh colors on the boys’ plaid shirts
When we went shopping a couple weeks ago the line of clothing was just starting to come in but we were able to find a couple of the activewear outfits for James. Right now he is at the top of their sizes, a size 12. He really loved the way the shirts feel and living in Florida the shorts are perfectly ventilated with the mesh. Keep in mind the full assortment of sizes is available online. The easiest thing to do is check online: http://www.carters.com. You can also use the store locator as they do flag the stores that carry sizes 7-12. We plan on doing more shopping online before the sales end.