Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Baker’s Secret and I was compensated with product and/or gift cards to facilitate this recipe creation.
Sea Salt and Caramel Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge and Bacon
The holidays are sneaking up on us and it’s time to break out those annual holiday recipes. This one is perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Football. It has everyone’s favorite flavors all in one delicious, pop-in-the-mouth tasty treat, Caramel Mini-Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge, Sea Salt, and Bacon Frosting! There is no denying it, these are the first thing to go every year! Since the caramel can be rather tricky we are always sure to use Baker’s Secret Mini-Muffin tins because they are non-stick.
What do I love about Baker’s Secret most? Not only are they non-stick but unlike many competitors they are non-stick ALL THE TIME. You never have to worry about the non-stick coating wearing off. They are dishwasher safe and you can even use metal spatulas on them without ruining the coating. There is nothing more that I hate about baking is cleaning up afterwards and these products pretty much wipe clean with little effort. Another great feature is that they are all stackable and take up very little of my precious kitchen storage space. If you are going to be doing a lot of #HolidayBaking be sure you use Baker’s Secret!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract or syrup
- Chewy caramel candy squares, cut in half
- Sea Salt
- Favorite Fudge Frosting (we used Betty Crocker chocolate cupcake icing)
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F. Line your Bakers Secret mini muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
- Heat the butter and milk in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter has melted. Beat the sugar, eggs, egg yolk, caramel extract and vanilla with a mixer in a large bowl until it thickens. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed. Slowly pour in the hot milk, beating until folded into mixture. Do not over mix
- Put batter into piping bag and fill each cupcake liner half full with batter. Add ½ of each caramel square to each cupcake and top with remaining batter. Bake 15 – 20 minutes until toothpick comes out of center clear. Cool 20 minutes then top with frosting, piece of crispy bacon, and a pinch of coarse sea salt.
I have found the Baker’s Secret mini-muffin pan perfect for these tasty treats. Not only is Baker’s Secret the secret to easy baking, all Baker’s Secret Essentials products have a Premium Non-Stick Coating, are Durable & Long Lasting, are Metal Spatula Safe, are Dishwasher Safe, and have a Full Lifetime Warranty!
Baker’s Secret on social
About World Kitchen/Baker’s Secret
From bakeware, dinnerware, kitchen and household tools to range-top cookware, storage and cutlery, World Kitchen, LLC., and its affiliates manufacture and market brands known and trusted around the world. World Kitchen brands include Corningware, Snapware, Pyrex, Baker’s Secret, Chicago Cutlery, Corelle, and more!