Being healthy can some times be a challenge, especially for those of us who aren’t big breakfast eaters. What I found that works for me is having a healthy smoothie either packed with protein or other important nutrients I need to have a high energy day. In honor of my new found love of smoothies I thought I would share one of my favorite smoothie recipes and a few others that I found from some fellow bloggers.
- 1/2 c. low fat/low carb yogurt (Danon Light & Fit Vanilla is what I used)
- 1/4 c. almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 med. banana
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 1/8 t. allspice
- 10 – 12 ice cubes
- Add all ingredient into blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Garnish with fruit.
Come check out some of these great smoothies:
- Very Berry Banana Smoothies by Cookies and Clogs
- Silk Green Mango Lassi by Busy Mommy
- Popeye Smoothie by Following my Shoes
- Banana Beet Smoothie by Social Cafe
- Silk Fruit & Protein Smoothie by Three Different Directions
- Spinach Fruit Smoothie by Kiddies Corner Deals
- Blueberry Cobbler Smoothie by Kiddies Corner Deals
- Lemonade Smoothie with Bananas and Mixed Berries by Kiddies Corner Deals
- Orange Julius Banana Protein Shake by Moments with Mandi
- Strawberry Cheesecake Protein by Moments with Mandi