If you child hasn’t already gone back to school (mine has) he/she should be going soon. This year I’m more motivated than ever to help James progress in his reading and writing. I believe he is at a point in his education where my role is as much as a motivator as anything or anyone. Buddig (the famous lunch meat people) are hoping to make my job easier with their new Sandwich and a Story promotion.
Headline: Make A Sandwich And A Story with Buddig for a Chance to Win!
Sweepstakes Description: To nourish a love of reading, Buddig is giving away Scholastic children’s books and school supplies. The Make A Sandwich And A Story sweepstakes kicks off Aug. 15, 2011 and ends on Oct. 30, 2011.
How to Enter: To enter the sweepstakes look for specially marked packages of Buddig lunchmeats and go to Buddig.com/SandwichAndAStory. Enter your code and complete the entry form to enter the sweepstakes.
Eligibility: The Buddig Make A Sandwich And A Story sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Timing: Sweepstakes begins on Aug. 15, 2011 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) and ends on Oct. 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 p.m. (CT).
Five Grand Prize winners will receive a Scholastic book library plus a Buddig backpack filled with school supplies (ARV $200).
400 First Prize winners will receive a Buddig backpack (ARV $13.00).
118 winners each week beginning on Aug. 22 will receive a free Scholastic book (ARV $10.00).
Total ARV of all prizes is $19,160.
Limit: 5 entries per person/email address per day.
About Be A Reader:
For more than 100 years Carl Buddig & Company has nourished families. Now Buddig is nourishing children’s minds as a proud supporter of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) and the national Be A Reader campaign. Buddig believes that reading and literacy go hand-in-hand with good nutrition to support a lifelong love of learning.
During the yearlong Be A Reader campaign, parents and their children are encouraged to create their own reading and literacy experiences wherever they may be. As a proud supporter of RIF, Buddig will provide a minimum of $100,000 through May 30, 2012 to help children across the nation discover the joy of reading.
Buddig has teamed up with Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) to help children and parents prepare to head back to school. I love the tips they shared with me and I have incorporated a bunch of them into our daily routine this year so I wanted to share them with you.
Back to School Tips
• Play word games associated with things in the classroom. Use your child’s back-to-school shopping list to prompt ideas.
• Establish a family reading hour. Set a time after school and on weekends when everyone in the family devotes an hour to reading.
• Make up your own story together and write it down. What was your child’s favorite summer activity? Who was the most memorable person your child met and why? Help your child write down these memories and add illustrations to move the story along.
• Have your child become a pen pal with a special summer friend or long-distance relative. Supply them with stationary and envelopes, postcards, postage stamps, an address book, and a box for saving letters.
• Use the Internet to promote interactive learning. Children reading online develop critical thinking and research skills. Start a web search for favorite book titles or authors. Conduct a search for your child’s top music videos.
• Read aloud to your children. Choose a favorite place and special time. Try using different voices for each character.
• Create a reading nook or out-of-the-way special place where your child can read without being disturbed.
• Put up some poster board to create your own word wall. Use this to share comments on favorite books and to tackle problem words your child may be having trouble reading.
• Visit Buddig.com/SandwichAndAStory for games and reading activities and a chance to win fun back-to-school prizes. Prizes include a Scholastic book library and a Buddig backpack filled with school supplies. Weekly winners will be chosen through a random drawing to receive an age-appropriate book.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated for my time and post by Buddig…however, my opinions are my own.