The holidays are always a hectic time for most families. This year I am challenging myself (and you!) to get organized. Starting now. Ready?
Over the next twelve weeks leading up to Christmas Life with Lisa, Kelly from 3 Boys & a Dog, Heather from Domestic Extraordinaire, and Christina from Mommy’s Must Haves, will take turns hosting a different organizational topic and giveaway to help you get ready for the holidays. Here is the schedule so that you can follow along:
- LISA – Week 12 – Get Organized Week October 2nd
- CHRISTINA – Week 11 – Closet Week October 9th
- KELLI – Week 10 – Don’t Forget The Computer October 16th
- HEATHER – Week 9 – Travel Time October 23rd
- HEATHER – Week 8 – Living Room October 30th
- LISA – Week 7 – Kitchen declutter November 6th
- CHRISTINA – Week 6 – Garage/Shed Week November 13th
- KELLI – Week 5 – Thanksgiving is coming November 20th
- HEATHER – Week 4 – Kids’ Domain November 27th
- CHRISTINA – Week 3 – Declutter Week December 4th
- LISA – Week 2 – Bathrooms December 11th
- KELLI – Week 1 – Final Sweeps Week December 18th
Tips to get organized now:
Start your lists NOW! This weeks post includes a Hot Chocolate Bundle from Carolina Pad to help you stay organized. What better way to get organized than with Hot Chocolate?
- Carry a small memo book in your purse. Throughout the next few months ideas for gift giving are going to pop in your head. You might be out shopping with a girlfriend and she’ll spend extra time looking at a necklace but decide not to buy it for herself. Write it down in your notebook. Wouldn’t she be surprised if you bought it for her?
- Start your name/address list for your Holiday Cards. One of the reasons I haven’t sent cards out in years is because all those addresses are located in various places…it’s time now to write them in your spiral notebook so that when you are ready everything is right there for you in one place.
- Save your receipts in one central location – a coupon orgranizer. Take some small labels and write down the names of people who you buy gifts for and place the labels over the tabs of your coupon organizer. Whenever you purchase something for someone file the receipt in your coupon organizer under their name. If you have multiple gifts on one receipt you can make copies or just stick a small note in each persons “file” as to where the original receipt can be found.
- In your notebook keep a page with everyone’s information such as shoe size, favorite color, and other clothing sizes. If you have a large shopping list keeping all that information in your head can be overwhelming.
- As you buy gifts for your children – label them. I have labels with each of my kids names and I use them on almost everything they own so there is no confusion on Christmas morning as to who got what. The giveaway this week includes a $30 GC to Label Daddy!
Help us get organized this holiday season and leave your organization tip in a comment below – mandatory entry.
Additional entries can be earned by (please leave separate comments):
2. Follow my blog or any of the 3 other bloggers blogs (if you are already following – tell me who you are). (1 entry – for each blog followed)
3. Blog about this and link back to me or email 5 friends about this giveaway copying me on the email. (10 entries)
4. Follow me on twitter @lisasamples and tweet this contest leaving me a link. (1 entry per tweet/2 tweets per day) Please leave time between tweets.
5. Subscribe to my email feed. (2 entries)
6. Connect via Facebook with my blog Life with Lisa. (2 entries)
7. Favorite me on technorati, digg, or stumble leaving link. (1 entry per fav)
8. Vote for @lisasamples as a Top 50 Twitter Mom and get one entry per vote http://www.babble.com/mom/work-family/top-50-twitter-moms-nominate-favorites/index.aspx. (1 entry per)
9. “Like” Carolina Pad on Facebook. (1 entry)
10. Follow @CarolinaPad on twitter and thank them for helping you get organized linking to this post. (2 entries)
This giveaway will end October 15th th at 11:59 pm EST. Winners will be determined by Random.org or through random selector installed on my site and will have 48 hours to send contact information to lisa(dot)firstname.lastname@example.org. US entries only. This listing is compliments of Carolina Pad and I was not compensated for my time, nor did I receive product!