Being a K-Cup® Ambassador is probably one of the best Ambassadorships ever. Every month I get to try awesome K-Cups® and share my thoughts both on and offline and every month I get a surprise package featuring a different company and/or blend. This month we featured the Barita Prima Coffeehouse, my absolute favorite of all the K-Cups®. I am a die hard French Roast fan and purchase it every month. This month you can save 15% off your purchase by using the code below.
Our package this month included the ingredients to bake Tiramisu Brownies, a recipe courtesy of Chef Maureen Joyce and the Barista Prima Coffeehouse. I hope you enjoy it!
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 c. cake flour
- 8 oz. Marscarpone cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package soft ladyfingers
- 1 c. Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast Coffee, brewed
- 2 T. Dark Rum
- Optional: mint extract
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth and leave it to cool. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with paper. Add chocolate to a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment on. Beat in the butter followed by 1 cup of sugar and the 4 egg whites. Add the optional mint extract or the vanilla extract followed by the flour. Mix on low speed until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan minus 1 cup of brownie batter. Lay the ladyfingers upside down on top of the batter, and push down slightly. Brew 1 Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast K-Cup pack and combine the hot coffee and dark rum. Using a pastry brush, carefully brush the coffee and rum mixture over the ladyfingers until they are saturated.
- In another bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup sugar, 4 egg whites and vanilla extract. Spread topping over ladyfingers. Place spoonful of brownie batter on top of the creamy filling and swirl it lightly with a toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in the pan before slicing. Best served cold.
The Tiramisu Brownies are best served cold with a nice cup of Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast Coffee!
Would you like to join me for a taste of Italy?
Disclosure: Recipe and ingredients to create Tiramisu Brownie Recipe provided by Barista Prima Coffehouse.