It’s that time of the year, Super Bowl! There is almost no other time than Super Bowl Sunday that finger foods and appetizers are the star menu items. On days like this you need something quick, yummy, and spicy! In our family Super Bowl and spicy go hand in hand and like any other time of the year that means Boar’s Head. This year our meat and cheese platter will feature the 3 Pepper Colby Jack, Chipotle Gouda and the Horseradish Cheddar Cheese (try this on a sandwich with the Black Forest Ham) along with the Rosemary & Sundried Tomato Ham, Sandwich Style Pepperoni, and the Sopressata Grande. It’s a feast no one ever wants to miss!
Looking for healthy alternatives to your Super Bowl menu? Try mini-sandwiches!
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 4 oz. Cream cheese , softened
- 8 Scallions, chopped finely
- 8 slices Boar's Head Fully Cooked Bacon , prepared crispy to package directions
- 1 c. 3 Pepper Colby Jack™ Cheese , shredded
- 1 c. Chipotle Gouda Cheese , shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Finely dice the cooked bacon.
- In large bowl, mix together the Colby Jack, Gouda, mayonnaise, cream cheese and scallions (~½ cup).
- Place in an oven safe baking dish and cook for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through and cheese is melted. Stir before serving and garnish with crispy chopped bacon.
If you want to try some other fun Super Bowl recipes from Boar’s Head be sure to check out their recipe collection. Here are some recommendations to get you started:
Win $25 Toward Your Boar’s Head Smörgåsbord
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Boar’s Head, however we have been using their product exclusively prior to being asked to share these recipes with you. Our opinions are our own.