I have had an online only bank for the past 5 years. It was a pain in the butt. Every time I had to make a deposit I had to mail my check out of state. Depositing cash just wasn’t an option. About two months ago I decided to open an account at Bank of America – and I’m glad I did. Being a busy mom, FT employee, blogger, and Chief of Everything my time is very valuable. I don’t want to worry about getting to the bank before it closes or having to boot up a computer to check my balance when I’m out and about. With Bank of America I don’t have to worry. Not only do they have mobile and text banking, but they also offer the coolest ATM options I have ever seen. No need to worry about having an envelope or pen, their machines take checks and cash without it and even provide you images of your deposits. I LOVE IT!
Another great feature is their Keep The Change program. Every time I use my card Bank of America takes the change and moves it into an account where they match my deposit. I’ve saved $9.23 this month and never missed a dime. I can’t remember the last time I ever SAVED money. Here is how it works:
Keep the Change® Works Like This:
Enroll in our free Keep the Change® program, and with every purchase you make with your Bank of America debit cardFootnote2, we’ll:
- Round up your purchase to the nearest dollar amount
- Transfer the difference from your checking account to your savings account
We’ll even match your savings.Footnote2
For the first 3 months, we’ll match your Keep the Change® savings to the penny:
- When the 3 months are over, we’ll continue matching 5% a year, every year – to make it even easier to save
You could earn a total match of up to $250 per year. This Bank of America Keep the Change® program reward will be paid annually to your savings account
Bank of America has a great site for Personal Finance Tips that has tons of valuable information on how to start your New Year right – in the black! I especially like the article “10 Great Ways to Get Back Money, Time, and Peace of Mind” – have you ever heard of a kid swap? I need to try that. If saving money is important to you check out the saving solutions at Bank of America. With the New Year around the corner it is time to make your 2011 New Years Financial Resolutions.
Here are mine:
- Limit take out to twice a month.
- Monitor the thermostat in the house.
- Create a REALISTIC budget and stick to it.
- Pay off at least one bad debt (this is going to be a tough one since I have no disposable income).
- Do my best at finding the cheap package holiday deals when booking my vacation.
Let’s start the New Year off right with a $50 pre-loaded Bank of America gift card for one lucky reader of Life with Lisa. The mandatory entry is to answer this question “What are some ways you get back time during the busy holiday season?”
Additional entries can be earned by (please leave separate comments):
2. Follow my blog or if you are already following – tell me who you are. (1 entry)
3. Blog about this and link back to me or email 5 friends about this giveaway copying me on the email. (10 entries)
4. Follow me on twitter @lisasamples and tweet this contest leaving me a link. (1 entry per tweet/2 tweets per day) Please leave time between tweets.
5. Subscribe to my email feed. (2 entries)
6. Connect via Facebook with my other blog Life with Lisa. (2 entries)
7. Favorite me on technorati, digg, or stumble leaving link. (1 entry per fav)
8. Visit the sponsors site and tell me a savings tip you found. (1 entry)
9. Follow the sponsor on Twitter and leave them a money savings tip using the hashtag #getbackmtm! (1 tweet a day, 1 entry)
10. Leave a comment on another post here on Life with Lisa. (1 entry)
Disclosure: “I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Bank of America and received a Bank of America preloaded gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.” Giveaway open to US residents only and ends at 12/27, 7pm EST. Winner chose using “And The Winner Is”. This contest is hosted and fulfilled solely by Life with Lisa on behalf of Mom Central Consulting.
THE WINNER HAS BEEN CONTACTED AND HAS 24 HOURS TO REPLY. The original winner did not reply and a new winner was drawn and confirmed: Gena Merrell