I like simple.
I work from home and therefore I don’t probably pay attention to the timeclock like many folks do and so the thought of making dinner sometimes doesn’t come until about 6pm. How much of a gourmet meal can you prepare at 6pm? You can’t really do much but open a can at 6pm if you want to get your family fed at a reasonable time therefore I have an arsenal of quick, healthy side dishes I can whip up in under 15 minutes. One of my families favorite is Oven Roasted Cabbage. It’s quick, easy, tasty and pairs well with nearly every kind of meat. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head green cabbage sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 t. fennel seeds
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each side of the cabbage with olive oil and lay in rows on a lined cookie sheet in single rows.
- Slice garlic into pieces that you can stuff in between the layers of the cabbage.
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle fennel seeds on top.
- Place into oven until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, approximately 35 minutes.