When deciding what’s for dinner in our home it is usually a family affair. However, there are certain foods my husband and I grew up with that have become staples in our families menu. Queso Dip made with VELVEETA® and Ro*Tel® is one of those foods.
Whenever we want to get our kids to eat certain foods such as broccoli or potatoes we always have VELVEETA® and Ro*Tel® on hand. There is nothing better than smothering a baked potato in cheesy goodness.
Next time you serve potatoes try these:
- 4 medium baking potatoes (8 oz each)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VELVETTA® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into cubes
- Pierce each potato in several places with fork or sharp knife. Microwave on HIGH 18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in 1-1/2-quart sauce pan. Heat on medium until cheese is completely melted, stirring after 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir mixture until well blended.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Spoon half of sauce over potatoes. Reserve remaining sauce to use as a dip.
How do you involve your family in deciding what’s for dinner?
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.