I am pretty neat, but I’m not really that organized. The new book, Pretty Neat: The Buttoned-Up Way to Get Organized and Let Go of Perfection, has been pretty helpful to me this past week. My goal is to get more organized before spring officially gets here. I want to get organized before the weather makes me too lazy to work around the house. Isn’t that everyone’s dream?
I think one of my biggest challenges is my hoarding behavior when it comes to paper/mail/magazines. I still have every year’s tax return dating back to the early 1980s. Why? I have no idea. I saved every single written assignment and paper I wrote in college. I have every report from Ethan’s daycare provider and he is 17 years old!
Alicia Rockmore and Sarah Welch cover a couple chapters worth of things that really hit home with me and my online life too. Guess how many unread emails I have in my inbox? Did you guess 11,309? I’m sure you didn’t. Chapter 11 – Tame Your Inbox is going to be a very important chapter for me. When going through my email I need to keep Chapter 4 – Learn to Just Say No in mind. Why is it that I say yes to everyone? Seriously, I really don’t need to review the new colored maxi-pads. I need to get a grip.
Are you as unorganized as I am?
The Giveaway: One winner will win their copy of Pretty Neat. Additionally, one winner whose information is reported by the above deadline will be chosen at random from across all blogs to receive a $200 gift card (same as cash such as Visa or AmEx) plus a selection of Buttoned Up products (ARV: $50) to be used towards her own reasonable organizational goals for her life.
To Enter: Leave a comment telling me what your biggest organizational challenge is….
Additional entries can be earned by (please leave separate comments):
2. Follow my blog or if you are already following – tell me who you are. (1 entry)
3. Blog about this, or post to your FaceBook linking back to me or email 5 friends about this giveaway copying me on the email. (10 entries)
4. Follow me on twitter @lisasamples and tweet this contest leaving me a link. (1 entry per tweet/2 tweets per day) Please leave time between tweets.
5. Subscribe to my email feed. (2 entries)
6. Connect via Facebook with my blog Life with Lisa. (2 entries)
7. Favorite me on technorati, digg, or stumble leaving link. (1 entry per fav)
For more chances to win enter Shannan’s giveaway at From Cribs to Car Keys!
Disclosure: “I am a participant in a Global Influence campaign for Pretty Neat and received a book to facilitate my review and a chance to win.” The giveaway will end March 20th at 11:59pm EST and winner will be chosen randomly and must reply to notification within 24 hours of receiving email.