Hungry Jack sent me the most incredible “Get Happy with Hungry Jack” Pantry Pack last week that included a bunch of product I have never tried before and some recipes so that I can re-create and share with you! As part of the Hungry Jack Use Up the box Recipe Contest promotion (enter now ends October 23rd!) I choose to make the Peanut Butter Buckeyes a no-bake peanut butter and chocolate recipe that has of all things, Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potato Flakes as one of the ingredients. I hope this recipe will inspire you to enter their contest at www.useupthebox.com!
Peanut Butter Buckeyes
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- Combine potato flakes and water in large bowl. Allow to sit for 2 minutes or until potato flakes are fully hydrated.
- Beat in peanut butter, butter, and almond extract with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth. Make 36 1-inch balls using 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture for each ball.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in medium blow. Dip peanut butter balls partially into chocolate, keeping the top uncovered. Chill until chocolate has hardened.
Prep Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: No bake Read In: 1 hour Makes: 3 dozen
How would you like to win your own Hungry Jack kit and $75 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card?
Disclosure: Product provided by Hungry Jack as pictured. Opinions my own.