Husbands: Do Your Wife a Solid When She’s Pregnant and Read This
Is your wife or girlfriend expecting a baby? This is no doubt a joyous time for your family. As you anxiously await the arrival of your new child, you may begin preparations. You and your partner may look for a bigger home, narrow down names or plan the nursery. In the beginning of the pregnancy, your partner may have been full of energy. But as the due date approaches, she may experience more aches and fatigue. Understandably, you want her to feel as comfortable as possible. Although you can’t erase the occasional discomfort, you can take steps to support her emotionally and physically.
1. Keep the house clean. If your partner battles backache and fatigue, lend a helping hand around the house. It will be difficult for her to complete certain tasks. For example, you might take over vacuuming the house, mopping the floors, taking out the trash or washing the dishes. What’s more, you might share with cooking or take the family out for dinner. With less duties around the house, she can relax and recoup after work.
2. Lower her stress level. Some women feel overwhelmed and anxious while pregnant. This can result in a higher stress level. If you have other children in the home, you can take on a greater role. For example, you might get the kids ready for bed and school in the mornings, as well as drive them to activities. You might even take the kids on day trips, allowing your partner to rest in a calm, quiet house alone.
3. Surprise her with a comfy chair. If your partner works at a desk, sitting for long periods may cause neck and back strain. This can increase fatigue and raise her pain level. A poorly designed chair is likely the culprit, however, the Soul Seat can remedy this situation. This professional ergonomic chair helps properly align the spine, thus allowing your wife or girlfriend to sit for long periods. The benefits using the Soul Seat include less lower back pain, improved concentration and better balance.
4. Improve the bedroom. The inability to sleep at night can cause further frustration. Do everything you can to make the bed comfortable. You might purchase a new mattress or a mattress-topper, buy firmer pillows for the bed or adjust the temperature in the bedroom at night.
5. Support her. This may sounds like a silly thing to consider, but one of the most important thing about pregnancy is support. Even when your wife is not pregnant she is “always right” and when she is with child, you bet she is always right. Although she is carrying the child you are still pregnant as a couple. Having a healthy and happy pregnancy can help bring a healthy child into the world as well as strengthening your bond as a couple.
This is a special time for you and your wife. However, changes occurring with her body can raise her frustration level. Being self-sacrificing and going the extra mile is the best way to demonstration your love and affection.