NECTRESSE™Sweetener is a new sweetener made by Splenda from MONK fruit. We got some a few weeks ago to try and it is now my mom's favorite no calorie sweetener. We have even began to use it in recipes as a sugar substitute and haven't been able to tell a difference in most cases. We especially liked the fact that NECTRESSE is 100% natural and comes in both the packets and canister. In fact it is the only 100% natural sweetener made from fruit – monk fruit extract.
Do you know what monk fruit is?
Monk Fruit is a round, green melon that grows on vines on remote mountaintops in central Asia. The fruit has been cultivated for centuries.
How To Make the Perfect Meringue with Nectresse
Growing up my grandmother made the best Lemon Meringue Pie ever. I remember watching her make the meringue and she would always tell me how difficult it was to get it perfect. She told me that it was important to use a stainless steel bowl because plastic bowls could hold small traces of grease or fat in the pores which would stop the egg whites from getting stiff. It was equally important to ensure the bowl was clean as a whistle and dry.
- Use eggs that are three to four days old.
- Don't make meringue when raining or very humid. Meringue is dependent on air so air with humidity or water will effect your stiffening.
- Seperate eggs ensuring absolutely no yolk or shell is left behind.
- Make sure egg whites are at room temperature before beating.
- Don't add NECTRESSE until whites form a peak.
- Add one packet of NECTRESSE per egg white and beat until dissolved.
We hope these tips and tricks will help ensure you have the perfect meringue for your next pie or dessert.
You can get a FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener to try it for yourself just by clicking the link!
• NECTRESSE Natural No Calorie Sweetener is 150 times sweeter than sugar and can be used in cooking and baking (find more recipes on their site).• Single-serve packets has 40 servings and the easy to hold canisters has roughly 140 servings with a multipurpose lid for sprinkling, pouring or spooning.• It is available now in grocery stores, drug stores, supercenters and online for suggested retail pricesof $3.99 (packets) and $6.99 (canisters).
The Perfect Meringue
3 egg whites
½ c water
¼ t cream of tartar
1 pinch salt
½ t pure vanilla extract
2 T cornstarch
12 packets of NECTRESSE™ Natural No Calorie Sweetener, Packets
1. Combine water, 1 packet of NECTRESSE™ Natural No Calorie Sweetener, and cornstarch into a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until liquid is clear and then remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl (stainless preferred, but glass is acceptable) beat egg whites until mixture is foamy, gradually add salt and cream of tartar. Mix thoroughly and add vanilla. Beat on high while adding the remaining NECTRESSE™ Natural No Calorie Sweetener, Packets. Until mixtures forms soft peaks.
3. Once soft peaks are formed in slowly pour in the clear mixture made in step 1 and beat until stiff.
(Note: Use flavored extacts instead of vanilla for a fun twist.)