What is your favorite dish to share with the family?
One of my families favorite comfort food is Bread Pudding. Not only does a warm bread pudding sooth the soul, but in the summer there are so many variations that make this dessert choice a quick and easy treat. Try substituting the sweetened condensed milk with a sweetened coconut milk and switch out the raisins with some chopped dried pineapple for a truly tropical experience. Here is the main recipe with the secret ingredient, King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.
Hawaiian Bread Pudding
- 4 King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls sliced
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t nutmeg
- ½ t cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup almond slivers
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the slices in the hot oil until golden brown; drain on a paper towel lined plate. In the meantime roast almond slivers until lightly browned and set aside to cool.
- Bring the milk to a gentle boil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the pan and add the raisins, nutmeg, and cinnamon; simmer together 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Once cooled add beaten egg.
- Arrange the fried bread pieces in a shallow dish large enough to allow them to be laid in several layers. Evenly pour the milk and egg mixture over the bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with toasted almonds and whipped cream.
This is one of my favorite recipes to share with friends and family. What is your favorite dish to share with the family? Comment below and you’ll be entered to win a $200 Grocery gift cardKing’s Hawaiian.