The new-age companies have upped the ante by focusing on the technologies that go beyond advocating the traditional networking technologies. These companies are taking several initiatives and the experts say that the millennial generation is responsible towards this shift. Cisco CCENT is one of the progressive courses that help the students to master the networking fundamentals with ease. Here, in this article, we have provided a sneak peek at the course details.
General overview of the Cisco CCENT exam
The Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) course helps the students understand the deep roots governing the field of networking. It would cover the topics like network security and threat mitigation, IP address, and the details about routed and switched network.
The course is intended for any network technician who wants to install, configure and troubleshot the IP data network in a small business. This is an entry-level certification that tests the candidate’s ability in the routing technology.
Tips for passing the Cisco CCENT exam
- Obtain proper study materials. The CCENT certification requires the students to gather the right study materials, which are easily available on their website. There are several books that guide and cover the practice questions that might appear in the exam.
- Practice tests. The candidates should schedule the practice tests in advance so that they don’t lose the grip on the topic. It is important to frame a deadline for yourself and check what you have learned and discovered the weak areas.
- Break down the questions. Try to search the questions from the previous tests.
- Use LMS to prepare yourself for the exam. LMS or Learning management system is a platform that helps the students to prepare for the exam in a better way.
- Training course. To make yourself well-prepared for the exam, it is highly recommended to take the Cisco training program. With help of it, the students can easily learn the wireless controlling system, IPV6and network security.
- Revise before appearing for the exam. We recommend the students to re-read the books before the scheduled exam. This will help them refresh their memory on particular subjects and help them recall the topics that they might have skipped.
- Take a breath. The CCENT certification is a comprehensive course that tests the students’ knowledge on various topics, so take a deep breath and relax. A good sleep is a must before taking passing your certification exam.
Training courses for theCisco CCENT exam
The students can take the help of the official website to have an overview of the exam coupled with the practice tests and course materials, or can even go for the instructor-led training that provides them the knowledge on how to become a network analyst.
Top resources for the Cisco CCENT exam
There are various resources that help the students gain a thorough knowledge of the subject. Here we have mentioned some:
- Attend the workshops. There are various leading organizations and industry experts that organize workshops to make the students abreast about the technologies governing the networking universe.
- CBT Nuggets. It is a premier platform that equips the students with the necessary knowledge required in the field of IT. There are various amazing trainers that guide the candidates through a step-by-step process on how to clear the exam. The emphasis is on video training courses, practice tests that reinforce and provide the core concepts through built-in quizzes.
- Books by Todd Lammie and Jeremy Cioara. These books prepare the candidates to embrace this test with confidence. The topics that these guides cover include the building block of networking, TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, configuring Cisco switches, etc.
Best websites for the Cisco CCENT exam
There are several types of learning material available on the Internet that help the students with their exam preparation. It contains video tutorials, eBooks, etc. You can even find the simulators to measure your knowledge of a particular subject matter.
- Video Tutorials. The video tutorials help the students to better prepare for the exam.
- https://www.cbtnuggets.com/– this website offers on-demand engaging videos from the industry experts that help the students learn the tips and tricks on how to clear the exam.
- https://www.thebryantadvantage.com/– the website helps the candidate get prepared for the real-world success. There are various study guides available along with the flashcards and practice tests that help students ace up the topic.
- Simulators. There are various computer-based simulators available that tests the candidate’s ability.
- https://www.prepaway.com/– this website equips the students with the tips, tests, and communities where they can discuss the challenges from the like-minded individuals.
- Practical tests
- http://labequip.com/– this website offers training kits to the test takers that are very helpful in solving the real-life challenges.
Books for the Cisco CCENT exam
- CCENT ICND1 Study Guide: Exam 100-105 3rd Edition by Todd Lammle– it is a comprehensive package that contains different materials that are required to clear the exam.
- CCENT ICND1 100-105 Exam Cramby Anthony Sequeira– it is a self-explanatory book that contains a battery of practical tests for the beginners.
- CCENT/CCNA ICND1 books provided by the official website – this book is offered by Cisco. It is an outstanding exam guide for the test takers that share up-to-date and relevant information about the exam. The book also offers tips on how to prepare well for the certification test.
The CCENT 100-105 test is a comprehensive exam and without adequate planning, your chances of success may drop. To prepare for this certification test, you should create a detailed study plan and take the help of above-mentioned resources that can boost your knowledge. The official Cisco guide and other books can also help you a lot. Practice tests and question databases are the best ways to judge where you stand and understand what you can expect from the exam.