Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner
This past weekend we had a blast. We spent the entire holiday weekend with my sister and her family. Sunday we went to the beach and came back to the house later to make some steaks and Spicy Cheeseburger Sliders, homemade baked beans, and corn on the cob. On Monday we spent the day chilling in her pool in between preparing the Asian Grilled Spare Ribs for the grill, macaroni salad, and hamburger cookies. We had great sun filled days with tons of water play followed up by Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner!
Our weekend was centered around the recipes featured on the Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner website…a fun twist to the holiday weekend.
Spicy Cheeseburger Sliders
- 1 pound ground beef (96% lean)
- 9 small whole wheat hamburger buns, split, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in quarters
- Barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato slices, pickles (optional)
- Tear one hamburger bun into pieces. Place in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs.
- Combine bread crumbs, beef, garlic and chili powder in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-inch thick mini patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 10 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during last minute of grilling.
- Place burgers on bottoms of remaining eight buns. Top with desired Toppings. Close sandwiches.
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association’s site has a lot of valuable information, recipes, and tips about Beef. I especially like the cooking lessons and the information about the cut of meat and what it’s best used for. I always get confused when it comes to roasts for some unknown reason. Here is a great infographic they put together for me to share as well.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a In Home Party campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and received product samples to facilitate my party and review, and a promotional item to thank me for participating.